Our thanks to Joe Lavelle and his staff for inviting our President Michael Trader to the IntrepidNow podcast to discuss patient identification in healthcare. Joe invited Michael to not only talk about the current state of patient ID in healthcare and some of the problems that misidentification of patients creates, he also provided the opportunity for Michael to discuss the RightPatient® biometric patient identification platform and what distinct advantages it provides compared to other solutions on the market.
Listen in to Joe’s podcast and learn:
- The impact of biometric patient ID solutions to eliminate duplicate medical records/overlays and sustain patient data integrity
- How modern patient identification solutions help prevent medical identity theft and fraud at the point of service
- How the digitization of healthcare now makes accurate patient identification essential at every touchpoint along the care continuum
- The rising importance and ubiquity of photos for accurate patient ID in healthcare
- The biometric patient identification solution competitive landscape
- Updates on The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) national patient ID challenge
- Looking ahead to what’s next for RightPatient® in 2016
Listen to the entire interview here:
Thanks again to Joe Lavelle from IntrepidNow for inviting us to be a guest on his podcast! For a complete list of all RightPatient® healthcare biometrics podcasts, please visit our podcast landing page.