Guests: Sharon Canner – Director of Public Policy, CHIME
Improving patient identification and patient data matching are arguably two of the most important issues in healthcare that require immediate attention and swift action. What technologies are emerging to address these issues, what are the pros and cons of establishing a National Patient Identifier (NPI), what have been the shortfalls of health IT adoption, and what are the top health IT initiatives that healthcare CIOs need to address?
Sample podcast audio clip:
Learn all this and more in our podcast with Sharon Canner, Director of Public Policy at the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME). This comprehensive interview includes information and insight into:
- CHIME and their mission
- Technology as solutions to address patient data matching and identification
- Pros and cons of establishing a National Patient Identifier (NPI)
- The impact of EHR adoption thusfar
- Top health IT initiatives for healthcare CIO’s
- How much of the burden of accurate patient ID falls on the IT Department?
- And more!