Our thanks to Joe Lavelle and his staff at IntrepidNow Healthcare for the opportunity to appear on his podcast to discuss the current state of identifying the right patient in healthcare. Although accurate identification in healthcare to determine the right patient at all points along the care continuum continues to surge as a focal point for organizations to increase patient safety and improve data integrity, there is still a lot of unanswered questions about how to develop and implement an industry wide solution that has the ubiquity and scale for use by everyone.
Additional topics covered during the podcast include:
- The importance of establishing remote patient identification for touchpoints along the care continuum beyond in-person visits such as patient portals, connected health apps, home health visits, telemedicine, and more.
- Why establishing a holistic patient identification strategy is now required in healthcare.
- Details on the RightPatient® cloud software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform.
- Why photo biometrics is hands down the most effective, secure, flexible, scalable, and hygienic solution to determine the right patient in healthcare.
- Updates on CHIME’s national patient ID contest.
- What additional elements are needed to advance discussion of accurate patient identification in healthcare to a congressional level.
- RightPatient®’s plans for the upcoming HIMSS conference in Orlando.
As we approach the annual HIMSS conference, it’s important to continue dialogue and advancing initiatives that show promise to resolving the patient identification crisis in healthcare. Identifying the right patient at the outset of each encounter with the healthcare system ensures the success for many other downstream activities and is the only true way to improve and maintain data integrity — the true linchpin for interoperability and health information exchange.
We invite you to visit RightPatient® in the GA Health IT Pavilion, Booth #3015 at the HIMSS conference to see firsthand how adding cognitive vision to a healthcare technology ecosystem improves revenue cycle management and secures a patient portal, among many other uses.
Here is our Co-Founder Michael Trader’s conversation with Joe Lavelle from IntrepidNow Healthcare:
Thank you again to Joe Lavelle and his staff for this opportunity!