Guests: Ray Madril – Senior Director of Innovation and Engineering, Healthcast
The negative impact of data breaches and the need to implement stronger data security has spurred a rise in adopting single sign-on (SSO) technology in healthcare. One of the major advantages of single sign-on is a reduction in the number of passwords staff needs to remember. Once staff logs in to an application that’s part of the single sign-on system, they can access any other application supported by single sign-on without signing in again. However, SSO solutions are designed to not only provide a higher level of data security, but to also create workflow efficiencies and alleviate the stress and pressures of adhering to strict security protocols by providing a seamless sign on experience for clinical staff.
Sample podcast audio clip:
To learn more about the rising urgency to adopt SSO technology in healthcare, we invited Ray Madril with Healthcast Solutions to discuss the technology’s impact and importance in an overall data security strategy. Topics covered include:
- An overview of the current health IT data security landscape and why establishing a secure single-sign on credential is now considered mission critical for the healthcare industry
- The impact data breaches have on the healthcare industry and how a strong SSO solution prevent breaches and their damaging effects
- The role secure SSO solutions have to support efficient and secure EPCS
- How does implementation of a SSO solution impact provider workflows and why this is important to patient safety
- The different form factors for SSO solutions and the impact of using biometrics such as a fingerprint with an SSO solution to ensure patient safety
- How a successful SSO implementation increase patient safety
Download the full podcast and listen to it on the go! We hope that you enjoy the session and encourage you to share the podcast with a friend or colleague that you feel may benefit from the information.